Resturants & Bars
In 1959 LeRoy and Evelyn Good began operations as a bulk oil delivery service. At this time they were considered employees of Standard Oil. In 1976 they purchased the bulk location from Standard Oil and Good Oil Company was founded with headquarters out of their home office. In 1981 the company was incorporated.
Over the years their three sons (Craig, Tracy, and Stuart) joined the family business and they all remain today.
In 1984 it was decided to purchase the Verona Oil Company (Art’s Super Service) from Elaine Tang. This location had a service station and offered bulk delivery.
In 1985 Standard Oil became Amoco Oil.
In 1989 the old service station in Verona was tore down and a new convenience store was constructed. This enabled us to expand the services and products that could be offered.
In March of 1996 a fire broke out at the LaMoure bulk plant. A storage shop was lost in this fire along with two bulk trucks, motor oil and many tools.
In October of 1996 LeRoy passed away after a short bout with Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS or also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
In February of 1999 a Convenience Store was opened on the east edge of LaMoure along Hwy 1.
After Amoco Oil was purchased by British Petroleum, Good Oil Company became affiliated with the Tesoro brand in 2001.
Evelyn retired from the family business in July of 2012.
Today we are pleased to offer a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We are here to meet your needs and we take pride in a job well done.